This is a great chance for you to ‘get rid’ of items you no longer can use, and to acquire some useful goodies. Detecting-related items are welcome, but the swap may include other ‘tasteful’ stuff. ‘Gently used’ is O.K., but please nothing that is broken or dirty. I will be e-mailing you a catalog of items shortly before the November 8 meeting – look for it.
Items may be bought or traded for. We will try to create a flea-market-type atmosphere. There should be some ‘wandering around’ even among displayers, looking for possible trades. Not used to negotiating/bartering? This can be a fun learning experience in a ‘safe’ environment. Bring some cash with you! (For purchases and making change.) No credit cards…up to sellers whether they will accept checks. Also bring a carry-bag for your treasures.
What I/we Need From You…
- A list of items you plan on bringing (with perhaps a short description, if warranted), for your table.
- An asking price for each (unless you indicate ‘for trade only’), and tag your items appropriately.
- List of items you are looking for (whether you’re a trader or a buyer).
- Bring your name on a ‘place card’ for your table, so members can look for you if an item interests them.
- Items for sale must have an asking price affixed to them.